Quick Look• Graduated from Kalamazoo College with a BA in Biology
• Currently a sixth-year student in the PhD Program
My initial contact with the WSU SOM/CMMG program was as a technician working within the department. This experience exposed me to the many opportunities available to PhD candidates within the program. My long-term goal is to pursue a career in academics upon completion of my doctoral work.
Chromatin structure and packaging in the mature male gamete.
* Sendler E, Johnson GD, Mao S, Goodrich RJ, Diamond MP, Hauser R, Krawetz SA (2013). Stability, Delivery and Functions of Human Sperm RNAs at Fertilization. Accepted Nucleic Acids Research. PMID: 23471003
* Sendler E, Johnson GD, Krawetz SA (2011). Local and global factors affecting RNAseq analysis. Analytical Biochemistry, 419(2): 317-22. PMID: 21889483
* Johnson GD, Platts AE, Lalancette C, Goodrich R, Heng HH, Krawetz SA (2011). Interrogating the transgenic genome: development of an interspecies tiling array. Syst Biol Reprod Med, 57, 54-62. PMID: 21214491
* Johnson GD, Sendler E, Lalancette C, Hauser R, Diamond MP, Krawetz SA (2011). Cleavage of rRNA ensures translational cessation in sperm at fertilization. Mol Hum Reprod, 17(12): 721-6. PMID: 21831882
* Johnson GD, Lalancette C, Linnemann AK, Leduc F, Boissonneault G, Krawetz SA (2011). The sperm nucleus: chromatin, RNA , and the nuclear matrix. Reproduction, 141:21-36. PMID: 20876223. *One of the top 10 downloaded reviews from the journal website in 2011.
* Lalancette C, Platts AE, Johnson GD, Emery BR, Carrell DT, Krawetz SA (2009). Identification of human sperm transcripts as candidate markers of male fertility. J Mol Med 87:735-748. PMID: 19466390
* Platts AE, Johnson GD, Linnemann AK, Krawetz S (2008). Real-time PCR quantification using a variable reaction efficiency model. Anal Biochem 380:315-322. PMID: 18570886
* Goodrich R, Johnson G, Krawetz SA (2007). The preparation of human spermatozoal RNA for clinical analysis. Arch Androl 53:161-167. PMID: 17612875